Our Library sites are spread across the whole campus and offer a wide variety of study spaces.
Depending on your study needs, our spaces provide different types of furniture, layouts and environments to complement the tasks that you are working on.
Types of space
Quiet study (keep noise to a minimum)
- Joule Library
- Main Library - all floors except Green 2
- Stopford Library - quiet zone
- The John Rylands Library
Social study (talking allowed)
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons - Oxford Road side of building is silent study during exams
- Kantorowich Library - social study in rest room (back of library)
- Main Library - Green 2
- Art and Archaeology Library
- Kantorowich Library - silent study in main area
- Stopford Library - silent zone
You can view availability for all the University's PC Clusters online on IT Services' cluster availability page.
Group study spaces
You can book a number of dedicated group study rooms across our library sites.
Book study room