Order a Chapter - students
Need a book chapter for your studies? Order it here.
This is the Order a Chapter service for students.
- To order a book, please visit the Order a Book for students page
- To order an article, please visit the Order an Article for students page
- If you are a member of staff, please access the Order a Chapter for staff page
Order chapters for your research
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the chapter that you need, complete this order form and we will get it for you.
Before ordering a chapter
Please note that you are unable to order material that we already hold. Check Library Search before ordering.
Find out more
How long will it take?
- Digital book chapters are usually supplied within two working days. Some items may take longer.
- You will receive an email to your University email address when your request arrives.
- To check the progress of your requests please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you provide your Library ID number we can check up on your requests more speedily.
- If we are unable to fulfil your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Collecting your chapter
- Whenever possible, chapters will be delivered to you electronically via your University email address.
- If material is supplied by the British Library, you will have to register for a British Library On Demand Account. You’ll have 30 days to access it and print one copy. Find out more on the British Library Website.
- Detailed information on how to register for British Library On Demand and access your chapter electronically can be found in Library Help.
- If a chapter is supplied as a photocopy, we’ll ask for your address and post it to you.