The University of Manchester Library is at the heart of the UK’s largest university, welcoming over three million students, researchers and visitors per year.
Our core role
- Making an indispensable contribution to the University’s work and reputation.
- Being close to scholarship and to scholars as part of Manchester’s research life.
- Listening to students to ensure choice and quality in all our libraries and online.
- Collaborating through the University’s Digital Strategy and Digital Future.
- Ensuring The John Rylands Library is the most remarkable university special collections library in the world.
- Partnering with challenging and aspirational institutions.
- Providing an efficient, fulfilling and creative workplace for our people.
- Acting locally, nationally and internationally.
The Library is committed to creating a healthy and fulfilling environment to help you stay physically and mentally well.
Learn more about the Library's Strategy and upcoming projects.
Find out more about our Library Executive Team and their areas of responsibility.
Read the latest news from the Library.
Learn more about how the Library can work with your educational setting.