Do I have dyslexia? (online)
This 30 minute information session will explain what dyslexia (and other specific learning difficulties) are and how to access support. It's run over Zoom, so you'll need to book to receive the link.
We will explain:
- What Dyslexia is
- How a checklist might help you decide whether or not to have an assessment
- How dyslexia can be diagnosed
- How to get university support if you have dyslexia
- How to get funding for support if you're a home or overseas student
- Where to find free assistive technology software
Afterwards, you'll receive a post-workshop pack including:
- Presentation slides
- A link to the dyslexia checklist
- A document that lists various free-to-access assistive software which includes a video demonstration explaining how to use them.
- This is an information-sharing session and participation is not required. Cameras and microphones are switched off for this reason.
- There will be an opportunity to ask questions, if needed, at the end of the workshop.
- Please arrive at the session at least five minutes early. If you're late, you might have to book onto another workshop.
- If you have English as an Additional Language and are on a course with the University Language Centre before starting on another course, don't book on this session. Instead, please call DASS on 0161 275 7512 (or email email@example.com) and book a Quick Query appointment with an Advisor.
This session will take place on the online video conferencing app Zoom.
Booking onto the session is essential in order to receive the link to join.