My Learning Essentials is the Library’s programme of skills support, including both online resources and face-to-face workshops which will aid you in your personal and professional development.
Our workshops offer a relaxed group environment where you can try out new strategies for yourself while learning from and with peers.
The online resources cover everything from referencing, to managing your procrastination, to writing a CV and you can access them through the Library website from wherever you are, whenever you need to!
What makes My Learning Essentials great?
- My Learning Essentials offers support to the whole student community, regardless of your subject and at all stages of undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- It’s all about gaining new skills to help you through your studies as well as developing the abilities you already have!
- You choose to develop skills and interests which are relevant to you, at times and using the methods that suit you best.
- It’s a great way to get the most out of your time at Manchester; helping you to make the best use of all of the specialist resources and support the University has to offer.
- Our partnerships with services across campus, such as The University of Manchester Counselling Service and Disability Advisory and Support Service (DASS) connect you to the vital support that you need, when you need it.
- Dedicated careers sessions, combined with the opportunity to select the skills and competencies you would like to develop, means My Learning Essentials can help prepare you for the world after your degree!
Look out for MLE on your course
Some of you will have the opportunity to experience the MLE online resources and face-to-face sessions embedded as part of your degree course.
This is where we have partnered with your tutor, selecting materials that will provide you with the skills and tools you need to complete the course unit.