Order an Article - staff
Need an article for your research? Order it here.
This is the Order an Article service for staff.
- To order a book, please visit the Order a Book for staff page.
- To order a chapter, please visit the Order a Chapter for staff page.
- If you are a student, please access the Order an Article for students page.
Order articles for your research
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the article that you need, fill in this order form and we will get it for you. Please remember to complete all the required fields, especially the ISSN and publisher sections, so that your request is not delayed. Currently 20% of requests are being submitted without ISSNs and will therefore experience delays.
Time saver: If you enter the DOI this will fill in the rest of the form automatically (you will still need to tick the copyright declaration).
If you want to recommend that the Library take out a new subscription to a journal or database, please contact your Engagement Librarian.
Before ordering an article
Please note that you are unable to order material that we already hold. Check Library Search before ordering.
This service does not include reading list resources. If you require an article for teaching submit a request for Digitisation on your Reading list.
We may be unable to secure articles that are published online ahead of print.
We are also unable to translate material.
How long will it take?
- Usually, journal articles are supplied within seven days. Some items may take longer.
- You will receive an email to your University email address when your request arrives.
- To check the progress of your requests please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you provide your Library ID number we can check up on your requests more speedily.
- If we are unable to fulfil your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Collecting your article
- Whenever possible, articles will be delivered to you electronically via your University email address.
- If material is supplied by the British Library, you will have to register for a British Library On Demand Account. You’ll have 30 days to access it and print one copy. Find out more on the British Library Website.
- Detailed information on how to register for British Library On Demand and access your article electronically can be found in Library Help.
- If an article is supplied as a photocopy, we’ll ask for your address and post it to you.
Full members of the Manchester Medical Society
If you can’t access the online form, complete the following form and e-mail it to email@example.com:
Just get in touch.
Order teaching resources
Order teaching resources and manage your reading lists.
Reading Lists Online