Order a Chapter - staff
Need a book chapter for your research? Order it here.
This is the Order a Chapter service for staff.
- To order a book, please visit the Order a Book for staff page
- To order an article, please visit the Order an Article for staff page
- If you are a student, please access the Order a Chapter for students page
Order chapters for your research
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the chapter that you need, complete this order form and we will get it for you.
Before ordering a chapter
- Please note that you are unable to order material that we already hold. Check Library Search before ordering.
- Do not use this service to order teaching resources. If you require a book chapter for teaching submit a request for Digitisation on your Reading list.
Find out more
How long will it take?
- Digital book chapters are usually supplied within two working days. Some items may take longer.
- You will receive an email to your University email address when your request arrives.
- To check the progress of your requests please contact us at email@example.com. If you provide your Library ID number we can check up on your requests more speedily.
- If we are unable to fulfil your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Collecting your chapter
- Whenever possible, chapters will be delivered to you electronically via your University email address.
- If material is supplied by the British Library, you will have to register for a British Library On Demand Account. You’ll have 30 days to access it and print one copy. Find out more on the British Library Website.
- Detailed information on how to register for British Library On Demand and access your chapter electronically can be found in Library Help.
- If a chapter is supplied as a photocopy, we’ll ask for your address and post it to you.
Need help? Send an email to the team and we'll get back to you.
Order teaching resources
Order teaching resources and manage your reading lists.