dom sylvester houédard Book Collection
Number of items: 2000 items
The book collection of dom sylvester houédard (1924-1992), the Benedictine monk of Prinknash Abbey, Gloucestershire, reflects his heterogeneous interests.
The collection includes:
- theological and liturgical works
- texts on eastern religion, philosophy and culture (in particular on Buddhism and Tibet)
- examples of concrete poetry, artists' books and the output of small presses in Europe and the United States
- texts on literature in general, art and design
- many rare 'fanzine'-style poetry magazines from the 1960s and '70s
- three-dimensional works of art such as an elephant maquette by Eduardo Paolozzi
Uncatalogued. The poetry and little magazines in this collection have been listed. An A-Z list of titles and issues is available via the Special Collections reading rooms..
<< Back to A-Z list