- Culture, learning, research
- Your Minute to Win It
- My Learning Essentials
- Guardian University Award
Culture, learning and research
Help to shape the Library's strategic plan for culture, learning and research
Complete our short survey and you could win one of five £50 Amazon vouchers.
Your Minute to Win It
Take part in our short video competition and you could win a £30 Amazon voucher
Help us to celebrate the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons' recent triumph in the Guardian University Awards by sharing your own winning moment with us in 60 seconds or less.
My Learning Essentials
The Library's new skills programme
My Learning Essentials is our comprehensive programme of online resources, workshops and skills clinics designed to help you to develop your academic and employability skills.
Congratulations to Jack Green the winner of the 2014 Eureka! Library Innovation Challenge.
In a thrilling and entertaining final, presented by Phill Jupitus, Jack's idea for a Book Delivery App won the £1000 first prize.
Runners-up Harriet Hill-Payne and Cal Robinson were awarded £500 and £250 pounds respectively.
Guardian University Award
Guardian University Award for the University of Manchester Library
The University of Manchester Library has won the Facilities Project category in the 2014 Guardian University Awards for its innovative and highly collaborative project, The Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
How to use the Library
Services we provide
- Open Access at Manchester
- Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans
- Ebooks on demand NEW
- Group Study Rooms
- High Demand
- Centre for Heritage Imaging and Collection Care
- The Library Bindery
- Digitisation activities and services
- Services for business
- Services for alumni
Locations and opening hours...
- Innovative suite of interactive e-learning resources now freely available
- University Challenge: Champion of Champions
- Main Library Easter opening hours extended
- Guardian University Award for the University of Manchester Library
The John Rylands Library
Built in the 1890s, The John Rylands Library is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world; both the building and its collections are of outstanding international significance.Opening hours for visitors
- Aftermath: 100 years of creativity from conflict
Friday, 7 February until Sunday, 29 June
- Bus stop stories
Thursday, 20 February until Sunday, 22 June
Events and tours