Don't abandon your old textbooks.
Give them a new home with a new student. Donate them to #TextbookRescue.
Great British landmark
The John Rylands Library has made it onto a list of Great British landmarks, published by Visit England.
A panel of experts have spent weeks trawling through over 800 submissions to select the top 101 things to do before you go abroad,in time for English Tourism Week.
Renowned for its Gothic architecture and inspirational collections, the famous building's achievement was revealed on St George’s Day alongside 100 other UK attractions.
Librarian Stephen Pearson coaches University Challenge team to fourth win
Manchester retained its University Challenge title on Monday, 29 April. It is the fourth victory for The University of Manchester in just eight years and librarian Stephen Pearson is the team coach.
How to use the library
Services we provide
- Open Access at Manchester
- Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans
- Group study rooms
- High Demand
- Centre for Heritage Imaging and Collection Care
- Digitisation activities and services
- Services for business
- Services for alumni
Locations and opening hours...
- Library awarded contract to digitise Cardinal Newman's archive
- Students! What are you doing with your old textbooks?
- Do you use #socialmedia for studies?
- Shopping trolleys? But it's a library!
The John Rylands Library
Built in the 1890s, The John Rylands Library is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world; both the building and its collections are of outstanding international significance.Opening hours for visitors
- Tony Dyson: a hidden history of gay rights campaigning
1 February to 30 June
- Burning Bright
8 February to 23 June
Events and tours