Your guide to using the Library
Packed with information and videos to help you find your way around and use the Library effectively.
My Learning Essentials
The Library's award-winning skills programme
My Learning Essentials is our comprehensive programme of online resources, workshops and skills clinics designed to support your personal and academic development.
Personal Device Support Desk
Get help with your computer, smartphone or tablet. Software set-up,virus removal, WiFi, general advice and more. Find us on Floor 1 in the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
Academic supportMore support
How to use the Library
Services we provide
- Open Access at Manchester
- Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans
- Ebooks on demand NEW
- Group Study Rooms
- High Demand
- Centre for Heritage Imaging and Collection Care
- Printing and binding
- Digitisation services
- Services for business
- Services for alumni
Locations and opening hours...
- The UK’s largest Chinese art exhibition arrives in Manchester
- One of world’s earliest Christian charms found
- E-learning talent recognised by national award
- Summer disruption in Library sites - update
The John Rylands Library
Built in the 1890s, The John Rylands Library is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world; both the building and its collections are of outstanding international significance.Opening hours for visitors
- Communities in Communication
17 July until 21 December 2014
- Echo and Narcissus
11 August 2014 until 9 January 2015
Events and tours