Group Study Rooms
Many of the Library sites have Group Study Rooms available. All bookings can be used by groups without booking, but to guarantee the space, the room should be booked in advance through My Manchester unless otherwise stated:
To book a Group Study Room via My Manchester, your card must be activated. In order to activate your card, you must scan in at the turnstiles of either the Main Library, Joule Library, Precinct Library or the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
- The rooms are for use by students of the University of Manchester who need to work together for academic purposes. They must not be used for individual study, or by students from other institutions. Individuals occupying a room may be asked to vacate it if a group wishes to use it.
- Bookings can be made up to 28 days in advance.
- The rooms can be booked in slots of 60 minutes up to three hours.
- You can have up to two bookings a day, five bookings in any one week, and up to 10 bookings in a month.
More information on our conditions of use, the facilities and how to connect your computer to the network can be found on the following pages:
- Main Library
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons
- Joule Library
- Kantorowich Library
- Precinct Library
- Stopford Library