Drop-ins and research consultations
Business Data drop ins
Thursday, 3pm to 4pm, Eddie Davies Library
Do you have a burning question about business data or how to use business resources?
- How do I use business databases?
- Where can I find information for my assignment?
- How can I learn how to use specialist databases such as Bloomberg or Datastream?
The Business Data drop-in gives you the opportunity to ask that question and find a solution. If we can’t answer your question, we’ll find someone who can.
These are quick informal sessions, there’s no need to book. They can get busy though (especially at the beginning of semester) so you may have to wait a little while, but we’ll answer your question as soon as possible.
We aim to answer as many queries as we can in the allocated hour. If you have a complex question that we can’t answer quickly, we’ll get back to you after the session with a comprehensive response or refer you to a research consultation.
Please contact email@example.com for more details.
You may also request an appointment at another time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of research consultation questions
- How do I get historical ownership relationship models for European private companies? (from Alliance Manchester Business School)
- Where can I find all University of Manchester alumni who are company board directors and their total wealth? (from Development and Alumni Relations office)
- What drug testing is currently in the pipeline for a specific pharmaceutical company? (from Research and Business Engagement Support office)