iPad and laptop loans
iPads and laptops are available to borrow from Main Library and the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
- iPads offer key apps including Blackboard, Adobe Reader, user guides, Prezi, TED and social media.
- Laptops offer Microsoft Office applications, eduroam WiFi, and wireless printing.
How to access
- iPads: Borrow from machines located on Blue Ground floor in the Main Library
- Laptops: Borrow from machines located on Blue Ground floor in the Main Library and lower ground floor at the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
To borrow a device, simply swipe your student ID card at the machine.
Live available to borrow
Last updated 04:03
Terms and conditions
iPads and laptops are for use within the library only and can be borrowed for up to six hours at a time. Please note that borrowing of a device from a library site requires agreement to the following terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions: iPad and laptop loans
When borrowing an iPad or a laptop (‘Equipment’) from the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons or the University’s Main Library (‘Library’) I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- the loan of the Equipment will begin when I accept these terms and conditions and will end when I have done all of the following:
- returned the Equipment to its appropriate locker;
- plugged the Equipment into its charger; and
- closed the locker door (‘the Loan’);
- the maximum duration of a Loan is 6 hours (‘Loan Period’);
- I understand that failure to return a piece of Equipment within the Loan Period may result in me not being able to Loan Equipment in the future;
- I accept FULL RESPONSIBILTY for any loss or damage to the Equipment during the Loan Period and agree to pay all costs associated with repairing damage, loss, or theft of the Equipment whilst it is in my possession;
- I agree:
- that I can only use the Equipment within the Library;
- that Loans are NOT transferrable. I must not pass the Equipment to anybody else and personally return all Equipment back to its lockerwithin the Loan Period;
- that I must exercise all due care with the Equipment to prevent loss or damage during Loan Period;
- that in the event of a problem occurring with the Equipment whilst in my possession, I will contact the Library IT Support Desk. I will NOT attempt to fix any hardware problems as this could invalidate the Equipment’s warranty and leave me liable for damage/replacement costs;
- that in the event of loss due to theft, I will report the missing items as soon as possible to the Library IT Support Desk;
- not to install any software on the Equipment; to use the Equipment in accordance with all applicable University regulations, guidance and policies; and that all Equipment remains the property of the University at all times.
- these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with the terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Version 3.0 | 31 August 2017