Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans
The Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans service (DS&ILL) is for current Staff and Students of The University of Manchester.
We will try to provide access to books and journal articles which are held at other libraries in the UK and overseas.
Find out more
- Who can use this service?
- Making a request
- Postal service: DELIVER
- Contact us
- Useful links
- Information for other libraries
Journal articles and conference papers are to be collected from the Purple Ground, Main Library.
The desk is open Monday - Friday, 9am-4pm.
Books may be collected from the Customer Services Desk on Blue Ground, Main Library.
Please contact the team at email@example.com for further queries.
Material that cannot be obtained includes:
- Our own stock (including items which are out on loan). Always check Library Search beforehand
- E-publications ahead of print. Articles that are published online ahead of print are usually only available for purchase direct from the publisher. We are unable to purchase articles for you.
- British Standards and overseas standards and patents. These are mostly available electronically.
- Most overseas theses.
- Pre-1900 material. A vast amount of pre-1800 material is held electronically - see EEBO: Early English Books Online - for more information.
- Most UK Doctoral Theses. These are now accessible via EThos, the British Library's new digitized thesis service.
- English translations of foreign language journal articles and texts.
- PDF copies of any item.
Staff will advise you if an item is unobtainable and in some cases the Library can help you to find an alternative source.