Order a Book
We understand your frustration when you can’t get the book you need for your studies.
This is the Order a Book service for students. If you are a member of staff, please visit the 'Order a Book' for staff page:
Order books for your studies
If the Library doesn’t hold an electronic copy of the book you need, fill in the order form and we will get it for you.
Please note that, while our buildings are closed:
- we can only provide books that are available electronically
- please select your orders carefully so that we can manage demand
How it works
- We will try and provide your items as e-books.
- If an e-book is not currently available from our suppliers we will let you know as soon as possible. We will also work with suppliers to check e-availability on a regular basis.
Before ordering a book please note the following:
- Check that the Library does not already have an electronic copy of the book: Search books
- Check whether this item has been made temporarily available by publishers during the period of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Select your orders carefully
How long will it take?
- We will make e-books available as soon as possible.
- You will be notified via email when the e-book is available
At this time we are unable to provide you with access to books held at other libraries in the UK and overseas.