Order a book
We understand your frustration when you can’t get the book you need for your studies.
To support our students the Library provides the ‘Order a book’ service. If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the book you need, fill in the order form below and we will get it for you.
The Library operates an e-first policy; more details of this can be found in our e-books section:
Before ordering a book please note the following:
- Check that the Library does not already have the book: Search books.
- If we have the book but it is out on loan please use the 'Request a book’ service.
- Please make a reasonable number of orders. This service is open to all students in the University and we would hope that students would not place excessive numbers of orders.
- Preference will be given to e-books as per our e-first policy. If we cannot order the book electronically we can order a print copy.
- All resources purchased by this service remain property of the Library and may be recalled.
- E-books will be available three to five working days from the date of order approval.
- Print books will be available up to 25 calendar days from the date of order approval; 15% of items will be available in less than 10 days.
- You will be notified via email when the book is available for collection and asked to pick it up from the ‘Collect me’ room.
- Library Purchase Request - Order a book scheme
- Staff – please use the request form on the Acquiring Library resources page
- If you need to contact us about your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving the full details of your order. Please be mindful of the delivery times listed above.