Order a Book
We understand your frustration when you can’t get the book you need for your studies.
This is the Order a Book service for students. If you are a member of staff, please visit the 'Order a Book' for staff page:
Order books for your studies
If the Library doesn’t already hold a copy of the book you need, fill in the order form and we will get it for you.
- We will provide books electronically whenever possible.
- This service does not include reading list resources.
- Due to remote working we’ve only been able to provide books that are available electronically. However, from end of April we will have a team on campus, part-time, to order books for your research that are only available in print. As we’ve been unable to order print stock since March 2020 we have a significant backlog.
- Due to restricted capacity, a significant backlog and new labour-intensive workflows, we ask that you please select your orders carefully so that we can manage demand.
How it works
- Is this a new request? If so, we will try and provide your items as e-books: please use the form below.
- If you have previously requested an item that we couldn’t provide electronically:
- For requests submitted before 1 April 2021: Please resubmit any requests by using the online form below. This will ensure that material is still required and we will prioritise these requests.
- For requests submitted on or after 1 April 2021: No further action is required.
Before ordering a book please note the following:
- Check that the Library does not already have a copy of the book: Search books
- Select your orders carefully
- This service does not include reading list resources: for any issues regarding availability of reading list items please speak with your lecturer in the first instance.
How long will it take?
- We will make e-books available as soon as possible.As we have restricted capacity to satisfy print orders and there are delays in the supply chain, please allow for longer delivery times.
- You will be notified via email when the book is available
At this time we are unable to provide you with access to books held at other libraries in the UK and overseas.