Overdue books and Library fines
Fines are charged on overdue loans and apply to all staff and students of the University and other categories of membership who can borrow books.
|Loan type||Daily fine rate||Maximum charges per book|
|High demand||50p per hour or part of an hour, not including weekends||
|Recalled loan||£2 per day||
How do I pay a fine?
You can pay Library fines by the following methods:
- by using our ePayment system
- You can credit your central account at any time using a credit/debit card.
- Alternatively, you can credit your account using cash at one of the automated touch-screen payment kiosks.
- Once you have credited your account click the "Pay Library fines" link to transfer credit and clear your outstanding charges.
- by telephone using a credit/debit card
- by cash and credit card at Main library