Choosing a credible journal and how to avoid 'Predatory Publishers' (Online)
Choosing a credible journal
This workshop will equip you with the skills to spot so-called 'Predatory Publishers', and feel confident in the credibility of the journals you will be submitting to. By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Feel confident in your ability to identify credible journals
- Understand the motivations behind 'Predatory Publishing'
- Understand the consequences of submitting your work to non-reputable journals
- Spot the common characteristics of non-reputable publishers
- Use established tools and processes to check the credibility of a journal
As part of this workshop we will be running an activity where a personal device (mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc.) would be useful but is not essential.
This session will take place on the online video conferencing app Zoom. Booking onto the session is essential in order to receive the link to join.
All University of Manchester students and staff should register at Zoom.us using their University of Manchester email address, only authenticated users can join this event. Help and support with using Zoom is provided by Media Services. Updates are posted to the Media Services website, and you can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.