Order an Article - staff
Need an article for your research? Order it here.
This is the Order an Article service for staff.
- To order a book, please visit the Order a Book for staff page.
- If you are a student, please access the Order an Article for students page.
Order articles for your research
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the article that you need, complete this order form and we will get it for you.
If you want to recommend that the Library take out a new subscription to a journal or database, please contact your Academic Engagement Librarian.
Before ordering an article
Please note that you are unable to order material that we already hold. Check Library Search before ordering.
We are unable to secure articles that are published online ahead of print.
Because Libraries are closed due to coronavirus we do not have access to physical material. We will apply to other Libraries to see if they are able to supply an article or a chapter that you need from their online holdings. We will contact you if there is a problem.
Charges and payment
There is a non-refundable administration charge for each request supplied:
- Current and retired University of Manchester staff - £2
- Full members of the Manchester Medical Society - £7
- You can pay through Fines and Fees in My Account (login through Library Search)
- You can pay with a voucher if you have been given one by your faculty or school.
How long will it take?
- Usually, journal articles are supplied within seven days. Some items may take longer.
- You will receive an email to your University email address when your request arrives.
- To check the progress of your requests please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 275 3741 and provide your Library ID number.
- If we are unable to fulfil your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Collecting your article
- Whenever possible, articles will be delivered to you electronically via your University email address.
- To access a British Library article, you must register for a British Library On Demand Account. You’ll have 30 days to access it and print one copy. Find out more on the British Library Website.
- Detailed information on how to register for British Library On Demand and access your article electronically can be found in Library Help.
- If an article is supplied as a photocopy, we’ll ask for your address and post it to you.
Can't access the online form?
- If you can’t access the online form, complete the following form and e-mail it to us: Journal/Conference/Report request form
Just get in touch.
Order teaching resources
Order teaching resources and manage your reading lists.
Reading Lists Online