Order a Book - staff
Order books for your research.
Please note that:
- Due to remote working since March 2020 we’ve only been able to provide books that are available electronically.
- From the end of April 2021 we will have a team on campus, part-time, to order books for your research that are only available in print. As we’ve been unable to order print stock since March 2020 we have a significant backlog.
- Due to restricted capacity, a significant backlog and new labour-intensive workflows, we ask that you please select your orders carefully so that we can manage demand.
How it works
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the book that you need for your research, we will get it for you. We will provide books electronically whenever possible.
- Is this a new request? If so, we will try and provide your items as e-books: please use the form below.
- If you have previously requested an item that we couldn’t provide electronically:
- For requests submitted before 1 April 2021, please resubmit any requests by using the form below (if you’ve sent more than five requests in the last year, we will contact you directly).
- For requests submitted on or after 1 April 2021: no further action is required.
- The order of priority for processing requests only available as print will be:
- requests that have been resubmitted;
- requests submitted since 1 April 2021;
- existing requests that have not been resubmitted.
- You can see information about delivery times on the order form below:
At this time we are unable to provide you with access to books held at other libraries in the UK and overseas.
Contact the Order a Book team
Order books for your teaching
Order teaching resources and manage your reading lists.
Reading Lists Online