Order an Article - students
Need an article for your studies? Order it here.
This is the Order an Article service for students.
- To order a book, please visit the Order a Book for students page.
- To order a chapter, please visit the Order a Chapter for students page
- If you are a member of staff, please access the Order an Article for staff page.
Order articles for your studies
If the Library doesn’t hold a copy of the article that you need, complete this order form and we will get it for you. Please remember to include the ISSN so that your request is not delayed.
If you want to recommend that the Library take out a new subscription to a journal or database, please contact your supervisor or course leader.
Before ordering an article
Please note that you are unable to order material that we already hold. Check Library Search before ordering.
We may be unable to secure articles that are published online ahead of print.
We are also unable to translate material.
How long will it take?
- Usually, journal articles are supplied within 7 days. Some items may take longer.
- You will receive an email to your University email address when your request arrives.
- To check the progress of your requests, please contact us at email@example.com. If you provide your Library ID number we can check up on your requests more speedily.
- If we are unable to fulfil your request, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Collecting your article
- Whenever possible, articles will be delivered to you electronically via your University email address.
- If material is supplied by the British Library, you will have to register for a British Library On Demand Account. You’ll have 30 days to access it and print one copy. Find out more on the British Library Website.
- Detailed information on how to register for British Library On Demand and access your article electronically can be found in Library Help.
- If an article is supplied as a photocopy, we’ll ask for your address and post it to you.
If you can't access the online form, complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org: