- Catalog of Methodist Archival and Ms Collections (Part 6) by Homer L. Calkin (World Methodist Historical Society, 1984)
- Guide to Methodist Accessions 1984-94, compiled by Gareth Lloyd (John Rylands University Library of Manchester, 1995)
- How to write a local history of Methodism by Wesley Frank Swift (Wesley Historical Society, 1964, 1972 and 1981)
- Discovering Chapels and Meeting Houses by D.A. Barton (Shire, 1990)
- The Architectural Expression of Methodism... by G.W. Dolbey (Epworth Press, 1964)
- Methodist Preaching Houses and the Law by E.B. Perkins (Epworth Press, 1952)
Wesleyan Methodist Chapels were listed at ten year intervals in Returns of Accommodation in Wesleyan Chapels for 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911 and 1931. This series was continued as Methodist Church Buildings, Statistical Returns as at July 1 1940 (1947). This lists all chapels open at that date, including, for the first time, non- Wesleyan buildings. It has been reprinted in facsimile.
Wesleyan Methodist Chapels are listed in the Wesleyan Atlas, compiled by E.H. Tindall (1874)
Access information is available on the Methodist collections page.