Useful internet sites
- Columbia University Library, Archives and Manuscript Collections Outside Columbia: modestly claims to be a selective guide to archives and manuscript collections, but in fact contains links to hundreds of repositories in the US (listed alphabetically) and elsewhere (by country).
- The Labyrinth: Resources for Medieval Studies (Georgetown University): contains links to online manuscript catalogues, major research libraries with manuscript collections, manuscript images, and references sources (links not updated recently).
- The British Library Manuscript Collections: information on the BL's manuscript collections, with links to the online manuscript catalogue, the digital catalogue of illuminated manuscripts, 'tours' of the collections and Turning the Pages exhibitions.
- Early Manuscripts at Oxford University: digital facsimiles of over 80 complete manuscripts, scanned directly from the originals.
- Digital Scriptorium: database of over 15,000 images from 3,500 medieval and renaissance manuscripts in U.S. libraries.
- Online Catalogues of Medieval Manuscripts in German Libraries : Manuscripta Mediaevalia Handschriftenkataloge (text in German).
- Medieval Manuscript Leaves: images of 51 leaves from medieval manuscripts in the Cary Collection, Rochester Institute of Technology, 12th-16th centuries.
The University of Manchester is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.