Useful internet sites
JRUL Middle Eastern Studies subject pages
- Columbia University Library, Area Studies - Middle East Studies: contains links to US and UK libraries with major Middle East collections.
- Colorado State University, Language and Scripts of India: a comprehensive directory of sites relating to Indian languages and scripts, including manuscript images, calligraphy, Bijaksharas and Yantras, classical languages and texts.
- British Library, Asia, Pacific & Africa Collections: guide to the BL's Asia, Pacific & Africa Collections (previously known as the Oriental and India Office Collections), including records of the former East India Company.
- School of Oriental and African Studies Library: guide to SOAS Library's manuscript and printed collections, with separate pages for: Ancient Near East, Semitics and Judaica; Central and North Asia; China; Islamic Near and Middle East; Japan and Korea; South Asia; and South East Asia.
- Cambridge University Library: Taylor-Schechter Genizah Research Unit: includes an introduction to Genizah materials, a user's guide to the Collection, and the searchable Genizah On-Line Database (GOLD), with images.
- St Antony's College Oxford Middle East Centre: includes a guide to the Private Papers Collection in which some 300 individuals or organisations associated with the Middle East are represented, from 1800 to the present day.
- Bodleian Library, Department of Oriental Books, CJK allegro Catalogues: the original script allegro catalogues of Chinese and Japanese materials have recently been made accessible on the Web; a catalogue of Korean materials is planned.