Northern Baptist College Archive
Date range: 1838-1971
Number of items:
There are 88 manuscript volumes in the Northern Baptist College Archive. There are two items by John Fawcett (1740-1817), but the bulk comprises minute books, account books and other records of various Baptist organizations in North-West England. The largest number relate to Longsight Baptist Church in Manchester, 1887-1970, with smaller archives for churches in Manchester, Padiham, Carlisle and Llangollen.
Local associations and organizations represented include:
- the Baptist Building Fund Liverpool Auxiliary;
- Lancashire and Cheshire Association of Baptist Churches;
- Lancashire and Cheshire Baptist Women's League;
- Bury and Rossendale District Baptist Lay Preachers' Association;
- Manchester District Baptist Union;
- Lancashire and Cheshire Baptist Women's Federation.
There is a separate collection of records from Aenon Baptist Church, Burnley.>
Catalogue available via Special Collections reading rooms.