Congregational College Archives
Date range: 1783-1980
Number of items:
Archives of the Northern Congregational College, formerly the Lancashire Independent College, and of its predecessor and constituent institutions.
There are academic and financial records of twelve other training institutions which were absorbed or affiliated over the years:
- Rotherham College (1795-1889);
- Idle Independent Academy (1800-1831);
- Leaf Square Academy;
- Pendleton (1809-1816);
- Blackburn Academy (1815-1843);
- Airedale Independent College (1831-1889);
- Western College, Bristol (1845-1969);
- Cavendish Theological College, Manchester (1860-1864);
- Congregational Institute, Nottingham (1864-1920);
- Yorkshire United Independent College, Bradford (1887-1958);
- Paton College, Nottingham (1899-1968);
- Bradford Student House (1909-1958);
- Edinburgh Student House (1919-1940).
There are minutes and other records from four local Congregational churches in Bradford (1783-1953), and the correspondence, diaries and papers of the Manchester minister William Roby (1766-1830).
Catalogue available via Special Collections reading rooms.