mobile menu decorative search icon decorativeSearch the site

Using other libraries

If you are a student or member of academic staff at The University of Manchester, you are entitled to use other libraries within the United Kingdom.

Access during the vacation period is permitted by most other university libraries(check the individual institution for access arrangements).

Access during term time can vary with each university. Please ensure that you check with the individual university library before making your visit.

Staff and students of libraries within NoWAL have the right of access to any other NoWAL site for reference purposes (with the exception of the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons). Access is permitted on production of your University of Manchester staff or student ID card.

If you are staff, research postgraduate, full time taught postgraduate, part time, distance learner or student on placement and wish to borrow, you will need to apply for SCONUL Access

Please check that the library you wish to visit is also a member of the SCONUL Access Scheme.