How to access Library services while our buildings are closed.
As part of the University’s response to coronavirus, our Library sites are currently closed. We’re working hard to provide you with the best online experience in these unusual circumstances.
We will update this webpage with new information as we continue to move our services online where possible. Find out about service availability below.
- You can’t access physical resources such as books, journals and printed theses during the closure.
- You can still access e-resources.
- The Order a book and Order an article services are still running, but we’re only able to fulfil orders electronically.
- All databases are still available, with the exception of Bloomberg, Datastream and SDC Platinum. As an alternative to these, we recommend using Thomson ONE and WRDS (we are in the process of making Capital IQ available off campus). Contact email@example.com to get help with financial databases.
- University of Manchester theses from 2010 onwards are available online via Research Explorer.
- ProQuest and EThOS provide access to a wide range of non-University of Manchester theses.
- Some of the Library’s Special Collections have been digitised and are available online. We are currently unable to provide access to items that haven’t been digitised. If you have an enquiry about the Special Collections, contact the team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Help and support
- No phone or face-to-face support is available during the closure.
- Help and support, including student IT support is available online:
- You can browse frequently asked questions on Library Help
- Talk to us online via Library Chat 24 hours a day (click the yellow button on the right hand side of the Library website to open a chat).
- If you’re having problems with an e-resource, contact the e-resources helpdesk (email@example.com).
- If you’re a member of academic staff, contact your Academic Engagement Librarian directly if you need support.
Training and skills
- Online resources: Online resources available to support your studies:
- If you have a training and skills question, email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us online via Library Chat (click the yellow button on the right hand side of the Library website to open a chat).
- Reading Lists: We can’t fulfil any reading list orders for print items. Where possible, we will fulfil orders electronically.
- Special Collections support: Contact us directly to discuss your teaching needs (email@example.com).
- Research Data Management: You can still get support with your data management plan and any other Research Data Management related enquiries. Contact us to discuss your needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Access: You can still request open access funding and deposit your research papers in PURE via our Open Access Gateway. If you have an Open Access question, email: email@example.com
- eTheses: You can still get support with eThesis submission. Contact us to discuss your needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Collections support: Contact us directly to discuss your research needs: email@example.com