Conditions of use - group study rooms
To book a Group Study Room via My Manchester your card must be activated.
In order to activate your card you must scan in at the turnstiles of either the Main Library, Joule Library, or the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
Conditions of use
Library staff reserve the right to enter any study room at any time.
For the benefit of all study room and Library customers:
- Only use tables and chairs in the room - do not bring in furniture from elsewhere.
- Keep noise to a reasonable level.
- Leave the room in a clean and tidy state.
- Keep the door of the study room closed to avoid disturbing others.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- Library staff reserve the right to enter any study room at any time.
- Users must be prepared to show their Student ID cards on request to any member of staff at any time.
- Study Rooms are not intended for social activities.
- Users should be prepared to leave the room promptly at the end of their booking.
- When vacating the room, users must remove any Library materials that you have been using.
We expect those using the Group Study Rooms to follow the Library's Code of Considerate Behaviour.
Any queries about the above or using the rooms should be directed toward Library Customer Services.