To firmly position ourselves as a world-leading academic library, through learning and research, our vision is to:
- Have a key role in enabling researchers across all disciplines to produce research with the widest impact at all stages of their careers.
- We will emphasise our roles in supporting open research, training early career researchers, fostering interdisciplinary research and stimulating research on our special collections.
- Work with our academic colleagues to ensure our collections support all of the University’s research priorities and maximise the value of the Library’s unique relationship with the John Rylands Research Institute.
- We will invest significantly in opportunities to apply digital scholarship tools and techniques to our content, unlocking its potential.
- Promote research across discipline boundaries by building on our relationships with the Faculties and exploring new ways to connect researchers using our systems, content and services.
- stimulate and support the University’s research priorities and ambitions for REF 2021 by investing in enhanced and tailored research publishing, impact and measurement services;
- offer training and support specifically targeted at early career and post-graduate researchers, across the research lifecycle and tailored to discipline/faculty-specific needs;
- provide a tailored package of advocacy and training to promote data publishing;
- lead in the development of a data-driven approach to promote collaboration between researchers, especially across disciplinary boundaries;
- develop our content and collections, stimulating new ways to exploit these resources with a focus on the University’s research priorities;
- contribute to the University’s Research Lifecycle Project;
- provide content, tools and services to enable researchers to unlock the potential of digital scholarship.