To continue making a valuable contribution to the local community, our vision for social responsibility is to:
- Engage communities, individuals and groups with our spaces, collections and services; to enhance their lives and broaden the Library’s scope for impact.
- Have a positive impact on people’s lives through the establishment of ‘openness’ as our default.
- work in partnership with our target audiences on cultural and educational projects by engaging individuals and groups with our spaces, collections and services and developing opportunities to participate in Library activity for local residents and organisations, particularly through The John Rylands Library;
- contribute to the University’s Widening Participation agenda by continually creating opportunities to raise aspirations and widen participation in our local communities;
- demonstrate the impact of our social responsibility activity, including community and public engagement;
- increase the accessibility and use of University research outputs for the benefit of audiences beyond our staff and students by supporting the development, dissemination and application of research and the measurement of its value and impact;
- increase the availability and accessibility of Library content, data and services to non-traditional audiences, evolving our current practices around the acquisition, exposure and development of content, data and services to incorporate ‘open principles’.