Code of considerate behaviour
We want you to enjoy using the study facilities in this Library.
To ensure all our customers can study without hindrance we ask you to comply with the following:
- Consideration and courtesy is shown to fellow library users and Library staff at all times.
- Library property including books, equipment and furniture is treated with respect at all times.
- Items or activities which may be causing an obstruction to an aisle, staircase or bookstack or which might be restricting access to learning resources must be removed on request.
- Customers’ own hot food can be consumed only in the Café at the Learning Commons.
- Customers may drink from containers with lids in the Individual and Group Study Zones.
- Put litter in bins.
- Blankets or bedding are not permitted; sleeping is actively discouraged.
- Customers should be dressed appropriately at all times Library staff implementing this code and other library policies must be treated with courtesy and respect at all times.
Customers who breach this code may be asked to leave the Library and could be temporarily excluded from all the libraries of the The University of Manchester Library for at least the remainder of that day.