This document is available to download.
We asked you, our customers, what you value most from our library service and you said:
- Our learning environments
- Your relationship with our staff
- Our resources
This charter is our pledge to all our customers.
We are committed to providing high quality learning environments
- We will align the development of our services and spaces to support and enhance University strategies for a high quality, stimulating and research-rich environment
- We will provide attractive, safe and inspirational learning spaces
- We will provide an environment that embraces and values diversity, and is fundamentally committed to equality of opportunity and access.
Our staff are committed to working with you in developing positive partnerships
- You will be at the heart of what we do – we will listen to you and use your feedback to develop our services and policies, within a culture of transparency and openness.
- We will treat customers with equal respect and courtesy, ensuring you are supported in the best way possible.
- We will communicate with you in a clear, timely and accurate manner through a variety of channels.
- Our staff will be well trained and supported in order to give the advice and guidance you need.
We are committed to providing you with the resources you require
- Your needs will drive the way we manage, and provide access to relevant books, journals and other sources of information.
- We will support your research or study by providing and maintaining appropriate and innovative technologies.
- We will help you get the most out of the wide range of resources available by offering appropriate access and discovery tools when and where you need them, alongside opportunities for you to tailor them to meet your individual needs.
- We will support you in becoming an empowered, critical and independent in your use of information.
- To have high expectations of us, and tell us when we don’t reach the standards you expect
- To be respectful in your use of our services and in your interactions with our staff.
- When using our physical spaces, to abide by our Code of Considerate Behaviour and be mindful of the rights of fellow customers.
We will continually improve what we do in our aspiration to provide excellence in our service to all our customers.