Services for alumni
The University of Manchester Library is committed to providing all alumni of the University of Manchester with a quality library service working closely with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
We are constantly looking at ways in which the alumni can make most use of the Library after graduating. If you have any comments or suggestions please use the feedback form.
Electronic Library Access
Login to YourManchester and access a range of the Library's e-resources from wherever you are in the world:
- NEW! Henry Stewart Talks - The Business & Management Collection of over 900 online video lectures and case studies by recognisable leading world experts.
- NEW! SOL - The Sustainable Organization Library. An online collection of almost 10,000 journal articles, chapters, case studies and research reports covering governance, compliance, sustainability, CSR, environmental management and related fields.
- NEW! IEEE - Explore Digital Library. The IEEE All-Society Periodicals Package (ASPP) provides access to the IEEE core collection of engineering, electronics, and computer science periodicals.
- SAGE - e-journals collection spanning business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology & medicine
- DASH UK - company financial information
- KEY NOTE - UK market sector reports
- JSTOR - 1000+ interdisciplinary e-journals to support teaching and learning
On Campus Library access
Alumni can access the Library free of charge when they come back to campus *
- Borrow up to 15 books for a semester (exc. High Demand books)
- Walk-in access to more electronic resources
How to apply for alumni library membership
- In person in the Main Library or the Precinct Library
- By e-mail to email@example.com
- Download a Membership-Application-Form.pdf
You will need to provide a copy of your degree certificate or produce your Alumni Association card to apply for library membership. If you haven’t got an Alumni Association card yet, you can request one from the Division of Development and Alumni Relations, room G6 in the Christie building. If you are a graduate of the Alliance Manchester Business School you will need to contact the AMBS Alumni Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 275 6485.