Your Library account
If you are entitled to borrow books then you will need to sign up for a username and password to manage your Library account online after you have collected your University of Manchester Library ID card. You will be able to see which books you have on loan, renew books, reserve books and see if any books have been recalled (books can be recalled at any time and are usually due back within seven days).
To complete the username sign up please visit iam.manchester.ac.uk
- Click 'activate your account'
- Fill in the required details (surname, date of birth and library ID number which is the first seven digits on your library card). Then click 'search'
- This will bring up your details and ask you 'Is this you?' Please click 'yes' if it is. If it does not bring up the correct details contact a member of staff for assistance.
- Fill in the details and choose a password.
- Once complete, please read the terms and conditions and check the box to confirm that you agree to them.
- Finally click 'complete registration'.
Your username and password will not give you IT access to the internet or off campus access to electronic resources.
Further information on off-campus access to electronic resources for alumni members is available on our services for alumni page.
Please note, if you are a current member of staff or student at The University of Manchester, your Library account is managed via My Manchester using your central username and password.