Types of spaces available
Our Library sites are spread across the whole campus and offer a wide variety of spaces, with different types of furniture, layouts and environments to complement the tasks that you are working on.
- Over Exam Extra the Library offers extra study space to help support your success
- Red 3.1 will be available to students for silent study work from Monday, 16 April
- The Stephen Joseph Studio will be available to students until Wednesday, 6 June
- Extra tables and power points will be available on Blue Ground
The John Rylands Library additional study spaces
The Special Collections Reading Room at The John Rylands Library will be available for you to use until Wednesday, 6 June.
You will need to register with Reader Services at The John Rylands Library on your first visit in order to be able to use the Reading Rooms. It is essential for you to call Special Collections in advance of visiting to so that any materials that you may require can be gathered from the Collections for you.
Further information on the rules and regulations of using the Reading Rooms is available on our 'Using the Reading rooms' page:
To enquire about using the Special Collections Reading Room, please contact Special Collections.
Quiet study (keep noise to a minimum)
- Joule Library
- Main Library - all floors except Green 2
- Precinct Library
- Stopford Library - quiet zone
- The John Rylands Library
Social study (talking allowed)
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons - Oxford Road side of building is silent study during exams
- Kantorowich Library - social study in rest room (back of library)
- Main Library - Green 2
- Art and Archaeology Library
- Kantorowich Library - silent study in main area
- Stopford Library - silent zone
Group study (bookable rooms)
- Alan Gilbert Learning Commons – 30 group study rooms
- Joule Library – 2 group study rooms
- Main Library – 14 group study rooms (Green 2)
- Precinct Library – 3 group study rooms
- Stopford Library – 6 group study rooms