Main Library Group Study Rooms
Information and facilities
There are 14 Group Study Rooms on Green 2 in the Main Library. Each room can be used in a booked session by a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people.
The rooms are furnished with a large table and 8 chairs, as well as a 32 inch LCD monitor.
A PC is available in rooms 8-14 of the group study rooms. You will need to login with your username and password to access these PCs.
Laptop cables are available in rooms 1-7 for you to connect your laptop to the screen.
- The rooms are for use by students of The University of Manchester who need to work together for academic purposes. They may not be used for individual study or by students from other institutions.
- Bookings can be made up to four weeks in advance.
- Bookings must be made via My Manchester or by using the room booking kiosk located near the Customer Services Desk on Blue Ground.
- The rooms can be booked in slots of 60 minutes up to 3 hours.
- You can have up to 5 bookings in any one week and up to 10 bookings in a month.
- To ensure bookings run to time, please clear the room 5 minutes before the end of your booked period.
- Failure to vacate the room on time may result in restrictions on further room bookings.
- Room bookings are available during normal Library opening hours.
See conditions of use for further information.
Book a space
Individual study spaces can also be booked online or walk-up for our area on Blue 1.