Alan Gilbert Learning Commons Group Study Rooms
Information and facilities
There are 30 Group Study Rooms throughout the building in the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons. They vary in size from between 2 and 12 people maximum.
The rooms are furnished with a whiteboard and a PC connected to a media screen, excepting the two-person rooms. Laptops can be connected to the screens if necessary.
You will need to login with your username and password to use the PC.
HDMI cables and marker pens are available from the Information Desk near the building entrance.
- The rooms are for use by students of The University of Manchester who need to work together for academic purposes. They may not be used for individual study or by students from other institutions.
- Bookings can be made up to four weeks in advance.
- Bookings must be made via My Manchester.
- The rooms can be booked in slots of 60 minutes up to 3 hours per day.
- You can have up to 5 bookings in any one week and up to 10 bookings in a month.
- To ensure bookings run to time, please clear the room 5 minutes before the end of your booked period.
- Failure to vacate the room on time may result in restrictions on further room bookings.
Rooms are bookable between 9am and 9pm from Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, but the rooms remain open throughout the building’s normal opening hours. See Using a room without a booking for further information on using rooms on an ad-hoc basis.
Apart from the Group Study Rooms there are 24 open plan group study areas (not bookable) each with a PC and media screen.
See Conditions of use for further information.
Room numbers and occupancy information
- 301: two people (No whiteboard or PC)
- 302: two people (No whiteboard or PC)
- 303: ten – twelve people
- 304: six people
- 305: six people
- 306: six people
- 307: ten – twelve people
- 308: six people
- 309: six people
- 310: six people
- 311: six people
- 312: six people
- 201: six people
- 202: ten – twelve people
- 203: six people
- 204: six people
- 205: six people
- 206: six people
- 207: ten – twelve people
- 208: six people
- 209: six people
- 210: six people
- 211: six people
- 212: six people
- 101: six people
- 102: six people
- 103: six people
- 104: six people
Lower Ground (or -1) Floor:
- -101: six people
- -102: six people
The room numbers and occupancy details for the Group Study Rooms in the AGLC is also available as a .pdf.
AGLC Group Study Rooms (PDF, 137 KB)