Joule Library Group Study Rooms
Information and facilities
There are two Group Study Rooms available in the Joule Library.
The Classroom has a maximum capacity of around 40 people. It has a computer and projector that are available to be used by students and staff. Controls for projector use have to be obtained from Library staff. Tables and chairs may be moved around to suit the needs of your group.
The Group Study Room has a maximum capacity of 12 people. It contains no IT equipment and is intended for use as a study space only.
- The rooms are for use by students of The University of Manchester who need to work together for academic purposes. They may not be used for individual study or by students from other institutions.
- Bookings can be made up to four weeks in advance.
- Bookings must be made via My Manchester
- The rooms can be booked in slots of 60 minutes up to 3 hours.
- You can have up to 5 bookings in any one week and up to 10 bookings in a month.
- To ensure bookings run to time, please clear the room 5 minutes before the end of your booked period.
- Materials for use in the rooms (flip charts, marker pens etc.) can be obtained from Library staff at the desk.
- Failure to vacate the room on time may result in restrictions on further room bookings.
Room bookings are available during the following hours:
Monday to Thursday 9am - 8pm
Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday 9am - 6pm
Sunday 1pm - 6pm
See conditions of use for further information.