Conditions of use
To book a Group Study Room via My Manchester your card must be activated.
In order to activate your card you must scan in at the turnstiles of either the Main Library, Joule Library, Precinct Library or the Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
General conditions of use
For the benefit of all study room and Library customers:
- Only use tables and chairs in the room - do not bring in furniture from elsewhere.
- Keep noise to a reasonable level.
- Leave the room in a clean and tidy state.
- Keep the door of the study room closed to avoid disturbing others.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- Library staff reserve the right to enter any study room at any time.
- Users must be prepared to show their Student ID cards on request to any member of staff at any time.
- Users must adhere to The University of Manchester Library regulations and policies and any misconduct will not be tolerated.
- Individuals occupying a room alone may be asked to vacate it if a group wishes to use it.
- Study Rooms are not intended for social activities.
- Blankets or bedding are not permitted; sleeping is actively discouraged
- Remove any Library materials that you have been using.
- Any materials obtained from staff at the desk must be returned immediately after your booking has finished.
Note that Library staff reserve the right to enter any study room at any time to retrieve Library material and you must be prepared to show your Library card to any member of Library staff on request.
We expect those using the Group Study Rooms to follow the Library's Code of Considerate Behaviour where applicable and to be aware that misconduct will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will be acted upon according to the Library Regulations.
Any queries about the above or using the rooms should be directed toward Library Customer Services.