All information on IT Services can be accessed through the IT Services website.
IT support centre: Contact the IT Support Centre for IT help and advice
Telephone: +44 (0)161 306 5544 Telephone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week *
Online: University of Manchester staff and students should send enquiries through the online form
* Outside normal operating hours, telephone enquiries are handled by Northumbria University. Details supplied during the course of managing your enquiry will be stored and reported back to The University of Manchester who will offer further assistance, if required.
Email and IT account
- Student email: Access your University email, anywhere
- Username and password: Activating your IT account
The first step in registering as a student at The University of Manchester is setting up an IT account. You will receive a username and password which will let you log in to University services such as MyManchester and your student email. You’ll also require your username and password to access the Library’s electronic resources.
- MyManchester: Your portal to services at the University of Manchester
Find information about the Library through My Manchester. Go to the ‘My Learning’ tab to find resources using Library Search.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- VPN: Set up the University’s Virtual Private Network
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows you to securely access the University’s network and other online services such as e-books and journals when you are not on campus.