Help and support
For general library help and support:
Telephone: +44 (0)161 275 3751 Telephone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week *
Online: University of Manchester staff and students should send enquiries through the online form. You will need your university username and password to log in.
Library chat: Talk to us online via Library Live chat. Look out for the 'Can we help’ tab at the side of every Library web page.
Electronic resources help desk
For help and support with accessing the Library’s electronic resources:
- Telephone: +44 (0)161 275 7388 *
- Email: For support with electronic access, please contact the Electronic Resources Helpdesk.
* Outside normal operating hours, telephone enquiries are handled by Northumbria University. Details supplied during the course of managing your enquiry will be stored and reported back to The University of Manchester who will offer further assistance, if required.
Support for your studies
We have a number of resources available to support your studies which can be accessed 24 hours a day.
Use the Distance Learning guide to get an overview of the services we offer for distance and off campus students and an introduction to the full range of Library services.
My Learning Essentials is the Library's programme of skills support designed to aid you in your personal and professional development.
Our online resources cover everything from referencing, to managing procrastination, to writing a CV, and you can access them through the Library website from wherever you are, whenever you need to.
- FAQs - Visit the FAQ’s for answers to common library queries.
- Distance Learning Welcome pages - The University of Manchester’s home for distance learners