There is a non-collection charge of £10 for all Inter-Library Loans that are not collected.
There will be a seven day grace period from arrival notification whereby you must contact the Document Supply team if you no longer need the item, or cannot collect within the month.
As the service is heavily subsidised we have had to introduce this penalty to try to combat the amount of items which are left uncollected.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Document Supply at Purple Ground
Come to our desk at Purple Ground to collect journal articles, conference papers and to arrange consultation on any reference (Library use only) material.
This desk is open:
- 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Customer Services Desk on Blue Ground
Come to the Customer Services Desk on Blue Ground to collect book material.
This desk is open:
- 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday (7pm Friday)
- 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday
Material can be collected and returned at the Joule Library if specified.
Material can be collected from Precinct if specified.
Secure Electronic Delivery
Article supplied by the British Library can be sent directly to your University email address using a method of Secure Electronic Delivery (SED). Staff and Student University Imaged PCs have been adapted to use this method.
If you are using your own PC, you must already have Adobe Reader 4 and upwards on your PC, and you will need to download a plug-in called FileOpen. Make sure you have done this before you place your request.
Please make sure that:
- You have downloaded FileOpen as instructed above.
- Your printer is plugged in, has enough paper and ink, and is connected to your PC.
- You are aware that the document can only be opened once.
- You print the document as soon as you have downloaded it.
- You download and print the document as soon as the British Library have sent it to you as it will expire soon after supply.
- If there is a problem with your document, you must forward the e-mail sent by the British Library to this department: firstname.lastname@example.org
There have been difficulties with Apple Macs so please contact us before selecting SED as a possible delivery option.
Please be aware that articles sent using secure electronic delivery are not PDFs and cannot be saved electronically. SED documents must be printed once downloaded as they can only be opened once.
The University of Manchester is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.