The Collection Care team provides advice to clients regarding the suitability of their material for digitisation.
Collection Care work closely with the Imaging team to ensure that objects are correctly handled, stored and supported throughout the digitisation process.
Additional CHICC – Collection Care services:
- Advice on storage, handling and transportation.
- Bespoke archival packaging including phase boxes, four flap
- enclosures and prism boxes for rolled items.
- Condition reports and collection surveys.
- Production of bindings for handling and interpretation
Our purpose built, fully equipped conservation studio opened in 2007 and is based in Manchester at the John Rylands Library.
Our dedicated preservation and transport teams operate from a second site which is equipped with our box-making and mount cutting machines.