The Research Data Management service offers a range of support. If you require any support that is not provided on this page then please Contact us.
We offer an in person introduction to Research Data Management workshops through the My Research Essentials programme. There are also online modules as part of My Research Essentials if you cannot make it to one of our workshops.
We are happy to provide tailored workshops for specific schools or group who are interested in research data management or sharing, if you would be interested in a tailored session for your department please email email@example.com.
Research Data Management services provided at the University of Manchester include:
- Data Management Plan Reviews
- Research Data Storage
- Datasets in Pure and guidance on how to add datasets to Pure
If you have any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to do?
- All Principal Investigators (PIs) are expected to complete a Data Management Plan (DMP) using the Data Management Planning Tool. The Data Management Planning Tool will then provide you with a 'Research Data Management Plan (RDMP) Reference Number' to include on the Research Approval Form
- Store your data in central IT storage such as the Research Data Storage Service
- Record appropriate metadata throughout the research process including how it was created and how it can be used
- Share your data when appropriate, alongside publications or at the end of your research project. See pages on Sharing for guidance on how to do this.