About the service
Our dedicated support team is based in the University Library and can be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone: +44(0)161 306 1517 (internal: x61517).
We aim to respond to email enquiries within 2 working days of receipt. Our telephone support line is available during core office hours (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, excluding national holidays). Our comprehensive website (manchester.ac.uk/openaccess) covers all key aspects of Open Access (OA) and is available 24/7.
- Get clear, impartial advice about OA publishing and good OA practice
- Get help in complying with funder OA policies
- Request payment of publisher’s article processing charge (APC) and/or other publishing charges, if funded by RCUK or the COAF medical charities
- Get help with publisher payment processes
- Get advice on requesting an APC waiver
- Learn how to achieve Green OA
- Learn about OA licensing options
- Request OA activity reports
- Request OA compliance reports
- Request OA presentations for School meetings
We are also able to liaise with publishers, eg, to reduce APC costs or discuss cases where preferred journals do not comply with funder policies.
The University Library engages with national consortia which debate OA issues and contribute to the global dissemination of scholarly work via OA routes.