The Citation Services Team are on hand to provide expert advice on matters relating to citation data.
To find out how to get in touch go to .
In addition, the Citation Services Team can provide citation reports to University of Manchester staff upon request.
There are two citation reports available are:
- Standard citation report - summarises the citation performance of all articles, review articles and conference papers associated with researchers from a school or institute.
- Bespoke citation report - summarises the citation performance of all articles, review articles and conference papers associated with a bespoke group of researchers.
To request a report go to .
Please note that in order to view the citation reports you will need to have the free Tableau Reader software (PC only) installed on your computer.
What's included in a citation report?
Citation reports provide an overview of the citation performance of articles, review articles, and conference papers related to an organisation or bespoke group of researchers.
The report can be filtered in multiple ways allowing powerful insights into citation performance which would usually require an advanced knowledge of citation analysis to achieve.
Some of the key questions that can be answered using the report include:
- what proportion of papers are in the top centiles of citation performance when compared with papers published in the same year and in the same research discipline?
- what is the citation performance of papers published in a given journal?
- what is the citation performance of papers with a given keyword?
- what is the citation performance of papers by a researcher or group of researchers?
Who can request a citation report?
Any current member of staff may request a report. Please note however that reports must not be shared outside the University as the data within is provided to the University under license.
How long does it take to create a citation report?
We aim to provide reports within 5 working days of request.
Can additional information be included in the reports?
Please contact us if you have requirements beyond the data included in the reports described here.
Is guidance available to interpret the citation reports?
Guidance on interpreting the reports is provided in an accompanying email and help and guidance text is embedded within the report itself.