Thomas Garforth (d.1784)
Thomas Garforth formed a Methodist class at Wrangthorn near Leeds in 1756.
In 1769 he built at his own expense the first chapel in the village of Woodhouse.
After his death in 1784 the chapel was enlarged by his brother Peter. John Wesley preached at Woodhouse in 1770 and 1780.
Source: Woodhouse Methodist Church 1756-1940 by Harry Buckley