22 items on parchment and paper, of which Armenian MSS 1-19 were acquired in 1901 with the Crawford collection.
Particularly noteworthy are:
- Armenian MS 1, a Gospel Book, the oldest Armenian manuscript recorded in Nersessian’s union catalogue of Armenian manuscripts in British libraries
- Armenian MS 3, a profusely illustrated 16th-century Romance of Alexander
- Armenian MS 10, a Gospel Book written at Chikbak in 1313 AD containing some unusual Armenian miniatures with Georgian inscripts, in a binding bearing the name of the binder 'Hakob' and dated 1636 AD
- Armenian MSS 20-22, three 16th- and 17th-century Gospel Books. Of the nine Gospel Books in the collection, six are illuminated
- Vrej Nersessian, A Catalogue of the Armenian Manuscripts in the British Library Acquired Since the Year 1913 and of Collections in Other Libraries in the United Kingdom (London: British Library, 2012).
- Y. Kiwrtean, 'A Short Catalogue of the Armenian Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library Manchester', Sion, vol. 49 (1975), pp. 199-259 (typescript copy available in Library).
- D. Talbot Rice, 'The Illuminations of Armenian Manuscript 10 in the John Rylands Library', Bulletin of the John Rylands Library, vol. 43 (1960-1), pp. 452-8.
- Forthcoming catalogue by V. Nersessian.