Lady Gertrude Hotham (1697-1775)
Lady Gertrude Hotham was the eldest daughter of the Earl of Chesterfield and wife of Colonel Sir Charles Hotham bt, a member of the Royal household and MP for Beverley in Yorkshire.
After her husband's death in 1739, Hotham became prominent in the circle of aristocratic evangelicals which included the Countess of Huntingdon and Lady Margaret Hastings. Hotham's houses in London and Bath were made available for preaching.
She was a close friend of Charles and Sarah Wesley.
Source: Burke's Peerage and Baronetage (1936) and Dictionary of Evangelical Biography, edited by Donald Lewis (1995)