Lady Anne Erskine (1739-1804)
Lady Anne Erskine was the eldest daughter of the Earl of Buchan and the sister of Henry Erskine, Lord Advocate of Scotland. At a young age, she moved to Bath in Somerset and was converted to Methodism after attending worship at the Countess of Huntingdon's chapel.
Erskine's father died in 1767 and she became increasingly involved with the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion. During the last few years of the Countess's life, the two lived together and Erskine transacted correspondence on her behalf.
In her will, the Countess left all her chapels in trust to Erskine and several other trustees. It was decided that Erskine should live at the main chapel at Spa Fields in London and have the direct responsibility of prividing itinerant ministers for the Connexion.
Erskine died after a long illness and was buried at Bunhill Fields in London.
Source: Dictionary of Evangelical Biography, edited by Donald Lewis (1995)